Monday, October 1, 2012

Beautiful Princess

Lately it has been put on my heart to share (to anyone/if anyone reads our post) the struggles I've had to come face to face with-and still continue to battle out daily. Insecurities have played a evil role in my life since having pig tails and watching the Lion King. For as long as I can remember, I strived to define the worlds image of beautiful. It didn't matter my heart, it didn't matter my love, it didn't matter the love I received or gave- I didn't feel pretty enough. The magazines, the TV shoes, the commercials...to growing up and seeing girls on facebook and other social media sites gave me a complex. The type of complex that screamed, "I need attention"...

It's interesting. It's interesting because I don't like "all eyes on me", or being in the center of something. Being honest, I felt judged. I didn't want all eyes on me because in my head I figured others opinions and perceptions of me were exactly what I saw when I looked in the mirror. I could only dream that someday I would magically be seen as someone beautiful, someone who had a kind heart, who was loving, someone who you wanted in your presence because of the light that beams from their spirit.

I saw myself as "ugly" (still battle this one), not loving enough, not kind enough, not social enough (and have you met me? I'll talk your head off..)

I saw myself as a waste of life. A waste of time and I treated myself as if I was exactly that.

I will get more in depth in the future.

I will tell you something that I have to tell myself every day. Something that God tells me every day. Something that my husband tells me every day...

YOU are wonderfully and beautifully created. You are a princess to the highest kings of kings. You are His daughter. Gods daughter. He loves you just as you are. He loves every part of you, why? Because He created you in His image. God makes no mistakes, you are exactly who He wanted you to be. God is love. You have to love yourself, not in a conceited way- there's a difference. You need to except and LOVE who He made you to be and OWN it. Own your walk with Christ. Own the love He has for you, and own the body you have. Yes, our body is a temple and we should take care of it to the BEST of our capability. There's also a difference in exercising and eating "right" to be healthy and then there's a line...there's a line that goes from being healthy to being excessive. This is something I have to battle out quite often. I have to check myself, and remind myself that in everything I do I have to make sure I am bringing Glory to God.

I have recently discovered an amazing woman by the name of Sheri Rose Shepherd. I wish I would have discovered her earlier but God always has his timing ;) She has an encouraging story that God uses to help other woman struggling with their image, their insecurities, their belonging, their value and worth, and many more.

Go like her Facebook page and keep in touch with what she has to say!


(A post I found this morning...)

A Prayer for Spiritual Beauty

Beautiful Princess! I pray that you will see how beautifully God created you and also see how He is turning your brokenness into greatness. I pray he will open your spiritual eyes today and as He does may you experience what it feels like to see yourself as His beautiful beloved Daughter
As you allow Him to turn you into something more beautiful than you could ever be on your own. I pray you will allow our heavenly fathers beauty to shine through you from this day forward In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.

(From Sheri Rose Shepherd)

No comments:

Post a Comment